As I am officially into business school I plan on taking the entire summer off to whittle away at my savings and travel the world. Problem: with three months I am limited in my dreams of visiting every place on earth.
I will definitely be visiting friends in Europe and taking some time in India. Aside from this, my goal is to visit someplace "different." Someplace that I will most likely not be taking a class trip to during business school. It is of great importance to me that whever I go is not for a whirlwhind tour and involves a lot of eating.
I am, therefore, asking you to help me narrow down my choices by answering the following questions (ideally with one answer to each question):
(1) If you could travel anywhere, where would you travel and why?
(2) If you have been somewhere amazing that you think no one should live without ever seeing, where was that and why?
(3) If you live in the Bay Area, do you have any guide books that you are willing to temporarily loan me to help me make an educated decision?
Thank you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
SHANGRI-LA!
(Will add more in the future)
ooh... i would go to africa - safari, one of those things you got to see... portugal and spain are supposed to have amazing food among other things (fish even my mom can eat), australia (through fiji) - to mark off the most distant of the continents (besides, i am a sucker for kangaroos), and argentina and brazil for music and gaucho style meals, which may be my personal favorites.... does this help? i didn't think so.... but you better count on visiting me if i haven't graduated by then (meaning i will at the time be able to leave the country :) )
Lots of ideas: For some suggestions from places I've been recently (Albania, Israel, Ukraine, etc)- see http://intlmutt.blogspot.com
Top of my list to see at the moment are in between the places you mention in Europe & India. I'll be travelling to some of those myself this Summer, let me know if you want to meet up!
Suggestions include: Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Bhutan, Nepal, Kyrgizstan, Russian Provinces, Far Eastern Siberia, Iran.
Otherwise, Eastern Africa (Mozambique, Sth Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda), or Central America (Panama, Nicaragua, Honduras, etc).
Hope these help! Happy travels!
Cam
k1. Albania. I am biased though, since I'm from there. But since you mentioned food, we specialize in great and lots of it!!
2. New Zealand. Everyone I've spoken to, has only the best words to say about it.
Post a Comment